The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What else is happenin in Miami?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:18 pm 
I'll be heading down to Miami way before the New Year concert. I need more stuff to do..........whats happenin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:26 am 

check jambase.

Phish, Dirty Dozen, Karl Denson, Mofro, Particle, New Monsoon, DJ Spooky, etc.

or pick up a local newsprint.

I wish you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year.
A pocket full of cash,
and a cooler full of BEER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:08 pm 

Well, it';s not quite Miami, but, if you come down early enough - this show will be FUN FUN FUN!!! Do you like Phish? Then you're gonna LOVE Kynda!!!!! You'll regret it if you come to Florida and miss Kynda!!

We know what you’re thinking….. Christmas will be over, Phish and the late-night madness hasn’t started, what do I do til then? Well, there’s Festivus…for the rest of us. A very special Pre-Phish Warmup Party for lucky South Phloridians.

Festivus 2003 with Kynda ( www.kynda.com ) and Medicine Hat ( www.medhatband.com ).

Free beer

If you have not yet experienced either of these two bands, what the hell’s your problem?!?!?! Come dance around the Festivus Pole (tall, skinny, aluminum, devoid of all tinsel, and has a high strength-to-weight ratio) with these two amazing bands.

Free beer

“Feats of Strength” will be demonstrated by your ability to DANCE TIL DAWN. The “Airing of Grievances” should be conducted prior to your arrival at the venue.

Free Beer

Saturday, December 27, 2003
King’s Lounge
7099 Lake Worth Road
Lake Worth, FL 33467
(Only 6/10 mile off the Turnpike so it’s EZ to get to!!!!)

21 and over ONLY
Cash Liquor Bar / Free Beer
Doors at 8:00 – Show at 9:00 – Rage til dawn!

Did I mention FREE BEER? And not some schwag beer either. We’ll have Bud if you need it but count on Newcastle and other quality beers to be flowin’ FREELY all night. Well, ya gotta pay the cover of $15.00 at the door.

Brought to you by the very kind people at FunknJam Productions & Funky Funker, LLC.

Any questions email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (email edited to remove)

See ya'll at the show,
The Colonel

Frank: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had -- but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
Kramer: What happened to the doll?
Frank: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born -- a Festivus for the rest of us!

Last edited by FunkMeister on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: kynda
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:38 pm 
i think a bunch of us might be going to see them and glass at tobacco rd. in miami post-phish on the 30th?

have you ever been to that club? says they serve drinks til 5 am.....nice place? outdoor area? good location?

thanks,

carm

Post subject: Re: kynda
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:48 pm 

carmody wrote:
have you ever been to that club? says they serve drinks til 5 am.....nice place? outdoor area? good location?

I went to see raq at Tobacco Road back in March, before Langerado, it's definitely a fun and chill place to see a show, but the upstairs music room is very small. It wasn't too crowded for raq but I would imagine it will fill up after the Phish show on 12/30. The downstairs bar/restaurant area is more spacious and I believe there is an outdoor deck area too. Apparently this place has the original #1 liquor license in Miami and is truly a landmark institution. The 5 a.m. last call is the icing on the cake!