The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KDTU pre cruise show
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:05 pm 
I noticed on MOFRO's website that they won't be playing the show on 1/5. Will there be someone else opening up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:55 pm 
wow. if that's the case, this'll be the third time i was planning to see mofro and the show got cancelled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

MOFRO had to cancel for the precruise show.

We are sorry. It had nothing to do with us.

In addition, the show has been moved to the Culture Room in Ft Lauderdale.

Here is the info:

Oakland Park Blvd and Federal Hwy
3045 N Federal Hwy

Ft. Lauderdale FL, 33306

954-564-1074

This place is REALLY small, so get your tickets if you haven't already.

Karl is still playing, and DJ Medi4 is spinning beforehand and as a tweener.

It will be great.

JCII precruise party info coming soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

MOFRO had to cancel for the precruise show.

We are sorry. It had nothing to do with us.

In addition, the show has been moved to the Culture Room in Ft Lauderdale.

Here is the info:

Oakland Park Blvd and Federal Hwy
3045 N Federal Hwy

Ft. Lauderdale FL, 33306

954-564-1074

This place is REALLY small, so get your tickets if you haven't already. All tickets for the Venu will be honored here.

http://purchase.sciticketing.com/scit/c ... AND=DENSON

Karl is still playing, and DJ Medi4 is spinning beforehand and as a tweener.

It will be great.

JCII precruise party info coming soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:25 pm 

OHMYGOD!!!

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Listen ya'll - we Phloridians have a nickname for the Culture Room.... The Culture Closet. It is tiny. It's more of a loophole for the fire marshall than it is a bar. The actual stage area is big enough to hold about, oh say, 250 music fans and leave everyone with just a tiny bit if elbow room. so, the venue owners, expanded the bar.....outside....making NO changes to the stage area inside... all so they could UP the capacity as determined by the city Fire Marshall.. So now, they can TOTALLY OVERSELL the place so they can make TONS OF MONEY while sacrificing your space and comfort... not to mention potentially compromising your safety.

What I'm saying here is that if it is not too late - this show needs to happen ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE CULTURE ROOM!!!!! Just ask anyone that was at the Karl show this past year there. It was not even a preJamcruise party and it was oversold to the point of making iot unbearable.

If this show happens at the Culture room - mark my words - you will have beer spilled on you - you will NOT be able to move about freely - you will not be able to see the stage and hear the music without being literally crushed by people. Go ahead - think I'm kidding or exaggerating. You may think you;ve been crowded before but wait til you get in the closet.

Somebody needs to fix this. Karl at the Culture Room is almost unbearable anyway. Why oh why oh why did this happen for the jamcruise party?

I think I know. Money.

It is so sad that this GREAT Pre-Cruise Party is going to be bitched about by so many. You just won't believe me til you get there.

Please Please Please let;s not have the precruise party at the Culture Room. Please?

who wants to do the math... How many people will Karl bring out without JamCruise people? Enough to fill the place to capacity and then some. I guarantee that some Jamcruisers will not make it into this event because it will sell out - that means that it will sell 600 tickets. remember what I saiud about the stage area being big enough for only about 250 people? That's right, you can enjoy Karl Denson while listening through a wall whileyou sit outisde in the spacious courtyard.

disgusted with this turn of events and lack of foresight,
The Colonel

Last edited by FunkMeister on Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:35 pm 
Are refunds available for people who purchased tickets to see Mofro in a spacious outdoor venue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Yes you can get a refund

Did you get your tix thru SCI Ticketing?

_______

Col - this is not our fault, we will not over sell it and NO one is making money off this precruise party. This is supposed to be FUN, not annoying and uncomfortable for anyone. I've been there myself, I know what you mean but it was either there or canceling it.

We did what we had to do with the information that we got from the Venu, which is a BRAND new venue and has not finished construction and THAT is why we moved it.

Sad,

Julie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:27 pm 
now we just need the biscuits to open up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:33 pm 

I know the production staff is doing all they can. I know they've put forth a lot of work for a reward of little more than the appreciation and thanks of the attendees such as myself. And then we bitch about things. Well, at least I bitch about things. Sorry I was grumpy.

I was obviously perturbed when writing that post. Still am. But, oh well. I'll get there early and see if I can stake out a little dancing room somewhere.

Just for the record, in this instance there are two relevant definitions of "oversold":

1) the music fan's definition
2) the Fire marshall's definition

I am not a Fire Marshall. This event will be oversold.

Nothing we can do about it but make the most of it and have a good time. And that's not hard to do at a Karl show.

Time to go home and pack. Tomorrow Festivus, then 4 days of Phish, then some Vida Blue (and Blondie!!) and then Karl at the Culture Closet, then...... hmmmm, there was something else......

Happy New Year ya'll!!!

Thanks again Julie McCoy!

Peace on the boat!

Dale