The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which band is the #1 clencher for you going on the JamCruise?
Galactic 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Keller Williams 22%  22%  [ 18 ]
Bill Nershi & Liza Oxnard 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Peter Rowan & Reggaebilly 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Umphrey's McGee 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
The Disco Biscuits 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Particle 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
The Dirty Dozen Brass Band 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject: trip
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:30 pm 

yea! i'm *thinkin* about it. depends on the funds...but since i'm working fuckin 10 hour days right now i might be able to pull something off. :)

you may be right about bisco...i've never heard em. i signed a petition a while ago for them to come to town but i dont think it worked.

how was zilla last night? i caught ur show but your voice was all messed up. i got the music though. like that dulcimer (sp?)....very cool

Post subject: shirts
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:36 pm 

oh yea the ezboard page is

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fjambandsfrm2. ... 5591.topic

check it out. i've sold like 7 or 8 i think :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:45 am 
Dgold at An Honest Tune wrote:
Hey peeps, register for the forum so you can vote.

It's OK to just type your choice here, but if you log-in you can actually vote in the poll.

love,daniel

:? Well, this brings up an interesting point, because not unlike political elections, this ballot does not contain everyone worthy of the vote... :shock:

Personally, I would have never even heard about this cruise if it had not been for me being a fan of DJ Z-TRIP.....and for hearing about it from our collective of fans at his website....and there will be few of us from his website that are there because we love all kinds of music- reggae-billy, jambands, hip hop, etc.- which is also why we like DJ Z-TRIP, because the brutha plays it all with such style and finesse it will make your grandma wanna wiggle. So why can't we vote DJ Z-TRIP?

Sure, he's not Peter Rowan (although I hope to see them jam together, as their improv skills are second to none), but neither is anyone else on the line-up. However, I did watch him jam with Galactic, as evidenced here:
http://www.hurley.nu/Z-Trip/Z-Trip%20an ... -01-03.mp3
http://www.hurley.nu/Z-Trip/Z-Trip%20an ... -01-03.mp3

So, since my only choice would be to choose "OTHER", I suppose I won't register to vote in this election. I guess it REALLY is like the political elections, at least for me.

Oh well, perhaps it doesn't matter anyway, as this is just a silly message board vote, AND, you can rest assured that any of us who are there to see Z-TRIP are also there to see the entire line-up...we don't discriminate...well, except for this one chick who doesn't like bluegrass....

See ya in January....until, keep jammin' :lol:

PEACE.OUT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Z-Trip added to the poll!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:18 pm 

Jamcrus site-admin, (thanks for keeping Other an option). If we put Z-trip in place of the "other" option, then what about a fan who wants to pick Mofro, Tishamingo, Jerry Joseph, or Supreme Beings in the Other category? (The poll function on this forum only allows 10 poll-answers) So I whittled away 5 bands and replaced with an all-encompassing option:
"Other - please list it here"
Anyone who voted for this can post their answer here in the thread. I thought that would encourage discussion about the 5 lesser-known acts. Seems a more democratic option that just Z-Trip with no outlet for the other 4.

Anonymous wrote:
So, since my only choice would be to choose "OTHER", I suppose I won't register to vote in this election. I guess it REALLY is like the political elections, at least for me.

A lot of people have been asking for a "None of the above" option on elections in America. Unfortunately you don't get that option in America, but here in the forum poll, you do. This is democracy at it's finest. Just post your opinion here.

FWIW, I've never heard Z-Trip. I will hear 'em on zee trip on zee boat.

Last edited by Dgold at An Honest Tune on Thu May 15, 2003 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

changed back :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:40 pm 

"i bet you are one of those negative bisco kidz who's 100CD changer only has live biscuits cd's, or schpongle in it, who listens to nothing else besides your precio0us bisco."

hey now
I certainly hope you didn't mean all biscuit fans are like this

b/c we are not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 3:42 pm 

p.s Z-TRIP rawks

I think he is going to take the boat to places it won't go anytime else!!!!

and I still wish brothers past were playing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:50 pm 

FWIW, I've never heard Z-Trip. I will hear 'em on zee trip on zee boat.

Did ya happen to listen to zee .mp3s I posted above? I'm glad to have posted them, because I forgot just how fucking amazing this is gonna be...imagine the possibilities of having a one-man super-band rockin' along with all these other fine acts.... :D

BTW, thanks for the clarification on the ommission of others besides Z-TRIP... I certainly wouldn't want to ommit anyone else just to put him on the ballot...I didn't realize they were left out....truth be told, Z-TRIP probably doesn't wanna rock tha vote, he just wants to ROCK THA BOAT.... :wink:

Boat drinks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:31 pm 
wish panic was going to be on there!

Post subject: Panic On Board
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 11:17 pm 

no shit!! i dont know if I could handle that....no...i definately could :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:31 pm 

I'll have to go with Particle on this one........saw them for the first time at Bonnaroo and can't wait to see them again!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:23 pm 

obviously the whole lineup is getting me to go (as long as my pre-sale reservation is kosher), but the one band that if they weren't on there i wouldn't be going is umphrey's mcgee. no doubt. although i love karl denson tons since bonnaroo last year, particle is flat out fun, and galactic isn't too shabby, it is the boys from chicago that are making me ignore some of my debts a little longer to get on a boat in search of mermaids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 5:39 pm 

regardless of the fact that he is only down for playing once (super jammin please) I'm a KDub girl all the way! HOWEVER I am totally stoked for Karl and Galactic and PETEY!!! I just love Peter Rowan although I'm not as familier with his Reggaebilly group as I am his free mexican airforce stuff but I trust him. A legend indeed! Dirty Dozen also has me psyched. Oh I am soooooooooooo toe wiggelingly excited!

Post subject: Re: band
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:02 pm 

Hey e.!! How do you get to EZboard? Are you really thinking about going on the cruise? We should hook it up! Fayetteville float trip! Can we ski off the back of the ship?

i still say bisco is the clencher, but you'll see, you'll see!

My vessel and it's crew of 21, and we'll fly! - Magellan's on board

wsp angel wrote:
daniel! i just read about this and was gonna ask you what you thought tomorrow. i posted the t-shirt page on ezboard. thanks again. definately

galactic :)

Magellan is On It !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next