The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:58 pm 
I'm a fanatical taper.

But...

... I would leave my gear at home regardless. Most of my equipment would age that much quicker being around the ocean mist for extended periods of time.

Thanks Caution for letting us, at the very least, leave our mics, preamps, and a>d back home and only pocket a recorder and it's partners :wink:

Post subject: Word up!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:55 pm 
Dudes, I am so glad that we are going to have a killer system recording this! I'm really new to the whole taper/trader scene, but I've been a fan of this music for a few years now. Word up to the cable modem and the marantz burner!

So I've got a question about etiquette. I've got some rare, way cool disks, but are people planning to meet and trade? I'm all about the live shows to hear, but if I want to take them home with me, should I be prepared to throw down?

Oh man, Les and Spearhead? Galactice and karl D? Particle? So many great bands to see and learn about...

Post subject: no clamps?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:55 pm 
that's just retarded. especially springing this on people after they have already paid. WEAK.
WEAK. WEAK.

Post subject: Policy sucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:58 pm 
I'm glad I didn't pay for this sham.
That taping policy blows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:49 pm 
Imagine a storm and poles protruding from every surface, clamped rigidly to the boat. Do you want to find out what pungy sticks were like?

Get a clue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:03 am 
i think the only thing that is bunk is that they let yall know 2 weeks beforehand, wtf is that, technically speaking, thats false advertisement!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:36 pm 

I got to tape no problem. Don't know why all the BS went down before the cruise but taping wasn't a problem. Had no probs clamping where I needed to. I'm damn glad I brought my shit though because the bands I know don't allow boards didn't (re: Galactic,KDTU).

Going through my 20 hours of music right now.

Peace ya'll,

e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:08 pm 
anyone want to trade?

i'd love to get a hold of the JC stuff. especially bisco.

drop me a note
istone626@earthlink.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:29 am 

Hey Y'all,

I ended up with someone's cable adapter but can't remember who gave it to me. I think it was during Rowan's show on the pool deck but can't say for sure. Anyone want to claim it? I'll be glad to drop it in the mail....

- Julie

Post subject: taping...thanks for being cool!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:56 pm 
thanks to all of the tapers....thanks for respecting the video and audio crews...thanks for keeping the equiptment tight...imagine if there were 20 poles swaying 13 feet in the saltwater air during the ride..it would have been a nightmare..i hope you all see this now...we gave out sbd patches where we could, and covered about 95%..i know we had a great time!
we all saw some incredible magic happen on and off the stage...on jcI........galactic, rob wasserman and karl denson took the event to another level......on jcII michael franti invited keith porter from the legendary group the itals up on stage to sing....then karl denson jumps up for a reggae jam throwdown....these were epic! the super jams were hot and the impromtu jams in the disco were amazing..once all 4 stages were kicking!..as soon as we know, we will let loose everything which we can!
hope to see you all next year!

stay tuned for possible jamcruise promo sampler!

dave hind

Post subject: thanks again
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:15 pm 
Thanks for the patches guys! Can't wait to hear the samplers. Nice meeting you Julie. This was the best party EVER! What a blast.
See you next year (if not before).

Rory

rellory2@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:48 pm 

Yup, a big thanks to Caution for the patches!

Rory and Dave, it was nice to meet both of you guys.

Hope to see you folks again next year as well as at festivals and such in 2004. :)

Sunny days,
Julie