The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: karl d is the man
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:24 pm 
I cannot get enough of him. soooo good.

enyone else play bingo with karl d? i will never forget...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:17 am 
Me and Joe had breakfast with him at 4:30 one morning, toward the end of the Disco Biscuits set that sent me toward bed via the buffet line. Karl D parked it next to Joe while I was in line and I later joined them. Joe retired to bed and I was left alone, drunk as he, to bullshit for a good 15 minutes. All I can say is he was the coolest, most friendly person on the boat. And I have photos of him playing and bullshitting with other great musicians that are priceless.

Post subject: Karl D is the man
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:12 pm 
Meeting Karl and Deborah was definitely one of the greatest of the too many to count highlights of JCII. We were sat down for dinner one night and they were sat right next to us. Shared a bottle of wine, talked about family and life - what could be better!! K & D if you happen to read this, next time you are up in Toronto, please get in touch!!

Much love,

RnD

dave@purehemp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:33 pm 
Yes, Karl D. IS the man....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:20 pm 

yeah! wherever he played, i tried to be there, but i missed him playing with partilcle :(. He makes any jam soo much better.
I played bingo with karl d too, that was great fun. I wanted my wife to win soo badly, she wanted a kiss from him, and I wanted to see it happen! Karl is such a cool guy.
got some great pics of that superjam with karl d tearing it up. Man what a trip. JCII was awesome, dont care what anybody says.