The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bronchitis.. anyone else get it durring jamcruiseII?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:39 pm 

Im fine, but my wife got bronchitis somewhere along the line. Got off the plane and went dirrectly to the hospital. Not sure if she got it on the boat somewhere or what. She didnt puff (no shared pipes) and doesnt smoke cigs. Our room keeping was horrible, we never got fresh clean sheets, and the bathroom was a bit on the nasty side. Ventilation in the room was almost non-existant. Luckily it didnt get bad till the final day so we both danced our tails off at every opportunity.
waiting to dissembark, we noticed lots of people hacking similiar to how she was. Dry hacking cough with feeling of her throat closing.
just wondering. thnx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:47 pm 
is it normal to get clean sheets if you're only staying for 4 nights?

Post subject: got the flu
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:39 pm 
fighting a temperatue of over 103 for two days now. the temp started on the plane ride back. joy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:39 pm 

my husband and i got on the jc1 fighting the flu from the miami run... i know of a number of other folks who also got on the boat with wookie tour hack.
got off the boat, went straight to the doctor and yes:
sinus infection
bronchial infection
walking pneumonia.

my immune system sucks, everytime i attempt shit like this, i end up on antibiotics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:53 pm 
Bronchitis is fluid in the lungs..it is not contagious so she didn't get it from another person.
I am still fighting off this flu. It's been a week now, and I feel an inch better. At least the swaying has stopped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:14 pm 
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Jamcruise: its good for your immune system

Post subject: illness
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:42 pm 
HMMMM... I woke up on the 17th and had lost my voice, i addition I had slight pain in my throat. was it an illness or was it from yelling, singing , and non-stop talking with all of my new friends???????

P.S. Some people including my wife reported that it was not such a bad thing :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:08 pm 

Jeff got it.... not bronchitis, but a nasty upper respiratory viral infection. Several other JC staffers and volunteers got it as well. Best we can deduce is that the timing makes it about right for him and the others to have contracted it on the first cruise. Jeff spent 2 solid days in our cabin on JCII.

It sucked that Jeff missed the majority of the second cruise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:22 pm 

My husband Jeff got the stomach flu on JC1 and threw up for 24 hours. :( The SECOND he felt better though, he was up and dancing all night! ;)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject: Spent a day and a half in my cabin...jc1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:37 pm 
I got really sick on JC1... Nasty Florida flu! I'm still fighting it.
I had a really bad fever and couldn't even stand up. Now it's a nasty sinus infection! It sucks... waited so long for JC1 and then miss a whole day. Next year I'm gonna pack some antibiotics!

Sorry to hear so many others were sick, I felt like the only one!

Post subject: bronchitis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:30 pm 

I was on both cruises and came down with a gnarly case of what seems to be bronchitis. It hit me on the afternoon of the 15th and hasn't let up.

ick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:14 pm 
I was on JC2 and am only just recovering. Upper respiritory distress, sinus infection, temp of 103.2, shivering, weakness. Havent been this sick in years. I didnt really drink on the cruise as I was working for one for the bands and having to deal with the complete dis-organization of the Jamcruise staff. Cant deal with others lack of organization and go party it up. Sanitation levels on the ship were horrible. Through the entire JC2 there was never soap in the public restrooms to wash your hands. Mind you these are the same restrooms that the staff and crew used. Lots of signs that said "Wash Hands Often" but no soap to do it with. Anyone else notice this?
Hack, Cough...
Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:49 pm 
I did notice that - There was only soap in 1 of the 3 restrooms. I am also sick but I blamed it on the weather - in NY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:24 pm 
Funny, I always found soap in the public restrooms. The only trouble for me were the unsanitary folks not using it. I also really appreciated the nice hippy soap placed in every cabin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:05 pm 
There was never any soap in that bathroom on the side on the same floor as the pool deck. Nor was there any soap on day 3 or 4 in the ladies room down the hallway by the grand lounge.
Yes, the hippie soap was a nice touch to the foul smelling cabins. Thank goodness I bought along a batch of incense and fresh spray. I had to share them with some new friends I made. (Are you out there, Ericka from Anchorage, Alaska?!!)