The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:16 pm 

Before I say anything, let me just mention that I had the time of my life on this trip, but there are a couple of small details that could have made life much more betterer, if anyone is taking notes.

My main complaint is how hard it was to get water and sodas in the middle of the night. At one point (granted, it was 6:00am), there were 2 bartenders for everyone on the boat and I couldn't get near the bar.

The other item is the lack of entertainment 24/5. After an awesone set by Les & the Frogs, beautiful vibes, amazing sunrise complete with fractals, someone had the wisdom to turn on a boom box with FUCKING RAP MUSIC. WTF????

Altho, when I mentioned this snafu to the dude later on, he was apologetic and promised to never do it again.

Next time, Medi4 needs to stay up jammin the entire time, k?

Thanks for listening!

Post subject: Re: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:20 pm 
Freak of Nurture wrote:

The other item is the lack of entertainment 24/5. After an awesone set by Les & the Frogs, beautiful vibes, amazing sunrise complete with fractals, someone had the wisdom to turn on a boom box with FUCKING RAP MUSIC. WTF????

Altho, when I mentioned this snafu to the dude later on, he was apologetic and promised to never do it again.

From Jambase.com:
JamCruise radio will be pumping the boats airwaves in the spare time that the various talented performers will not be performing

I guess they weren't able to pull this one off? More music on deck during the downtime would be really nice though. Maybe next time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:28 pm 
heres a suggestion,
dont leave people on shore! everyone on the boat!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:26 am 
jsunstar wrote:
heres a suggestion,
dont leave people on shore! everyone on the boat!

dont be so mad

Post subject: Suggestions for next year
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:48 pm 
How about a non-smoking area for those of us who don't smoke and don't like smoke?

Everytime I tried to get away from the smoke, someone near me would light up.

Just a suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:58 pm 
I agree that there should have been music playing at all times....and I WAS THANKFUL for the guy who put on some hip hop so that we weren't all standing there with nothing.

My suggestion for the next cruise is to bring on a more appropriate DJ. DJ MEDI4 was just not doing it.

Also, would hope they can do whatever possible to prevent that rediculious customs line at 7:30 am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:59 pm 
I agree that there should have been music playing at all times....and I WAS THANKFUL for the guy who put on some hip hop so that we weren't all standing there with nothing.

My suggestion for the next cruise is to bring on a more appropriate DJ. DJ MEDI4 was just not doing it.

Also, would hope they can do whatever possible to prevent that rediculious customs line at 7:30 am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:07 pm 
Maybe have a room during breaks where people can go jam. Kinda like an open mic thing. It got real windy outside at times. And when my friends were playing acoustic in the hallway where people were eating by the buffet area, we weren't sure if we were disturbing people around us....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:34 pm 
Here is a suggestion.....Have the promoters make sure your not stranding a bunch of people at the port! We paid for the cruise, fuck what the crew thinks.... If I would have known this, I would have dosed every fucking crew member/bartender I could have. And lit the fuckin' boat up!
"Next time get a watch", yeah I'll get a watch alright, and shove up their asses!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:59 pm 
you again.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:47 pm 

If anyone had a TV in their room and happened to turn it on, you might have noticed there was a channel showing the front of the boat. Next year, move the camera to the back of the boat so people in their rooms can see what their missing or just watch all the people dancing their asses off.

http://www.globalrocker.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:43 pm 
sarsippius wrote:
If anyone had a TV in their room and happened to turn it on, you might have noticed there was a channel showing the front of the boat. Next year, move the camera to the back of the boat so people in their rooms can see what their missing or just watch all the people dancing their asses off.

I second that idea!!! :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:42 am 

also, during the day on the main stage, take down the back drop so we can have a better view of the ocean behind the band.

http://www.globalrocker.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:39 pm 
have one show on land somewhere!! Even though it wasn't meant to be this way....getting off the rocking boat to jam with Donna the Buffalo was a nice break!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:12 pm 
sarsippius wrote:
also, during the day on the main stage, take down the back drop so we can have a better view of the ocean behind the band.
and also run the sound through the tv with the bands or dancers or foings on in the back so if you go to your to reup or take .shower or have sex you can still here the music and see some stuff