The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Did you all like the food from the cruises????
excellent***** 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
great**** 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
good*** 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
fair** 24%  24%  [ 5 ]
poor* 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
disgusted :( 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 21
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:29 pm 

Some of the food was great, but overall, we all thought it was pretty mediocre. We have some friends who had been on cruises and said that the food is one of the best parts, but we looked at this like a festival on the sea, not a typical cruise. And we too were there for the music, not the food :), and we didn't expect gourmet. I do wish there had been a little more selection for vegetarians. Every night at dinner (in the restaurant) it was pasta ;). And I don't know how any vegan on board got by, because some of the time the sauces were cream sauces. Again though, it could have been much worse, and there were some dishes we had that were really good. :)

http://www.mountainsofthemoon.com

"Forever Family, Forever Grateful"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:53 pm 
I found the food to HIGHly disgusting!

Post subject: Poor poor poor quality food
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:55 pm 

The food was super carby which was great for all the dancing and hooping I was doing, but by the time we hit Key West I was so excited to find a nice vegetarian restaurant and get some decent vegan protein! The choices for vegetarians were sparse, but for us vegans the choices were even worse. I guess its good that I brought Luna/Clif bars and vegan jerky to supplement meals. I would have loved to have more readily available (like cheaper or free) fruit juices and fresher fruit. By the second day of JCII the melon was really awful and considering that I mostly survived on salad and fruit this was not a good thing. Anyhoo, if my only complaint about the cruise is the poor food quality then that's not so bad. Seriously, the rest of my cruise experience was stellar!

Hugs and hoopy happiness,
Steph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:23 pm 
THERE WAS FOOD ON THE CRUISE?? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:08 pm 

After breakfast in the buffet line the first day, we pretty much stayed away from there on out and only ate in the dining room. They had made to order omlets and juice and stuff. The dining room was not bad and it was great to have five servers at once bump heads when I dropped my fork. Not good, but not bad. I dont think people realized you could have breakfast and lunch in the dining room cause there was hardly anyone in there. But that buffet line was AWFUL! Again though, didn't really have a stomach for much :wink:

Post subject: Re: grub
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:24 pm 
whatup! wrote:
SO did all of you think the food SUCKED think that you would have eaten that well OR better at a festie?

oh please. :)

this is not your average festival! have you ever been to a festival that the cost of meals was included? have you ever been to a festival that charged you 800 bones to get in?

but for what's it worth- by the third day- i would have given my first born for a lot style garlic grilled cheese. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:34 pm 
I LOVE FEST FOOD! I love falafals and grilled cheeezes with the parm chz sprinkled on the toast. I would've rather had that then the stuff they were serving in the dining room. Did anyone have that crab stuffed artichoke? It sounded so good yet it was OH SO BAD. The best meal I had was in Key West..CONCH FRITTERS at a dive bar where the bartender, Garrett, was a HUGE Panic fan.
I agree with my boyfriend though, I wasn't there to eat. I was there to listen to the music and to boogie the night away.