The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:03 pm 

skate - wo bro - thats a lot of insects

I take it you didn't eat bugs at PSU

Post subject: Goldfish
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:39 pm 

shack wrote:
skate - wo bro - thats a lot of insects

I take it you didn't eat bugs at PSU

No, at Penn State is was GOLDFISH! My fraternity had an annual party called Sailor's Ball, and we would build a pond in the basement and fill it with 5000 live (feeder) goldfish.

When I was a pledge the record was something crazy, like someone eating 93 live goldfish... by the time I graduated, the record was somewhere in the 1000's.. one of the guy's realized he could beer bong a hundred to a hundred and fifty at a time...

Needless to say, the bathrooms smelled just rosy for weeks...

- Skate -

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm 

hhahaa hehehe - rolling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 am 

1. I lived outside of the US for over eight years (Morocco, Thailand, India, around Asia, around North Africa and around South America)

2. Been to over 100 Dead shows. (within four years)

3. Was kicked out of the back stage hospitality suite by Robert Plant.

4. My best friends are schizophrenics, alcoholics, manically depressed or a combination of the above...and they are all pissed at me right now.

5. I had the %ucking best time on the Nick Cave tour, last week!!!

6. I have every Led Zeppelin album, including a 45 single not found on any other album.

7. I have a crush on a bunch of musicans.

8. I have a tendency to get whiplash after a show.

Last edited by Box_of_Rain on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:04 am 

1. Once tried my hand at stand up comedy. Did ok, but hated being on stage and preferred the anonymity of writing my old girlfriends material instead.

2. Love ATV'ing and wave runnering.

3. gained and lost a whole person twice in my life. Working on losing it a 3rd time. I may just be a recovering anorexic to who overdid it.

4. My dad used to be the guy who went up on stage at the miss america and miss universe pagents with the ballots (he was the accountant from Ernst and Ernst). Subsequently i went to a lot of Miss USA pagents as a kid (boy did I have a blast!. Can you say chaperones suck!)

5. When i do my job right, I create a lot of junk mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:07 pm 

jimdirect wrote:
1. Once tried my hand at stand up comedy. Did ok, but hated being on stage and preferred the anonymity of writing my old girlfriends material instead.

.... Lisa Lampenalli?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm 

1. I have no clue who my 'natural' parents are/were. I was adopted at 22 days old, put into foster care at 12 years old, and became an emancipated minor (legal adult) at 16 years old.

2. I hitchhiked from Boston to LA and back. Twice. Before turning 20.

3. I love learning and strive to always be enrolled in some kind of class (yoga, constitutional law, quilting, advanced calculus... etc). On a related note, I used to take prep school entrance exams "for fun" ... :roll:

4. I am certified in collision repair technology (autobody) and love blacksmithing, welding and metalworking in my spare time.

5. I am trying very hard to become a self-sustaining off-the-grid farmer and homesteader, producing and caring for my family's water/food/energy/waste needs in our own little self-contained ecosystem. Daunting and hard work, but oh so worth it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
jimdirect wrote:

.... Lisa Lampenalli?

I was young, it was dark, what did I know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:55 pm 

jimdirect wrote:
HELLBU0Y wrote:
jimdirect wrote:

.... Lisa Lampenalli?

I was young, it was dark, what did I know!

::shakes head sadly::

Post subject: Re: 5 interesting things about Skate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:28 pm 

I told you I'd have a hard time limiting this to just five, so here are five more...

Skate wrote:
I've got so many I don't know if I can stop at just five...
  1. Won $2500 on my first, and only bet ever, on a horse-race at the Kentucky Derby.
  2. Have been to 48 US States (missing Maine and Alaska), and over 48 different countries.
  3. Have sailed/crewed a (replica) 18th century three masted ship from Panama to the Galapagos Islands, where one of my jobs was to climb the rigging on the tallest mast to act as lookout.
  4. Have been to 5 Olympics (1996-Atlanta, 2000-Sydney, 2002-Salt Lake City, 2004-Athens & 2008-Beijing) and 2 Soccer World Cups (2002-Korea, 2006-Germany).
  5. Have eaten worms, grasshoppers, crickets, a scorpion, and a giant cockroach on Kho San Road in Bangkok, Thailand. (Didn't mind the crickets, the rest were pretty nasty, especially the cockroach!)
- Skate -

1. Did a backflop and almost broke my neck after over rotating on a 1 1/2 attempt off a 45 foot cliff in Ios, Greece.
  2. Jumped the highest bungee in the world just outside of Queenstown, New Zealand, with possibly the worst hangover I've ever had. (It was the day after my birthday, and I had made friends with some of the bartenders...)
  3. Actually earned TWO degrees from Penn State, one in Computer Science, the other in Electrical Engineering.
  4. Sunk a boat and wrecked a car in the same day, but neither one were my fault.
  5. Drank some sort of a nasty wine (with many snakes and A BIRD floating in it) on a street corner in Hue, Vietnam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm 

Great thread! I am still trying to come up with item #1 for myself LOL!
Az

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 am 

Duh AZ!!!! #1 is easy.....

#1. Made the coolest JC map ever!

Post subject: Second Post!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:14 am 

Alright so I know none of you yet but can already see you will fit in nicely with the ultimate goal of conquering the world with music! Here are the first few that come to mind:

1. I carry a clown nose in my car so instead of giving people the finger, I put the clown nose on and stare them down. "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, her i am...."

2. I have poked molten lava with a stick!

3. 1st place, White Trash Bash 2007, Blue Lake, Ca. (can send picture if requested)

4. I have thrown hand grenades, BOOOOM!

5. I help organize and create an outdoor baby music fest in northern california with InferKnow, check it out, www.inferknow.org (shameless plug!) local Humboldt music & art in the great outdoors of the greatest county with one of the most righteous clans of monkeys on the face of the EARTH! I LOVE MUSIC!

See yall soon!

Post subject: Re: Second Post!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:33 am 

Quote:
(can send picture if requested)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:54 am 

9. Going to live in Spain in February for a couple months to study Famenco.

10. I have a Guru in India and belong to a Guru Family, my guru family name is Durga Giri.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next