The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 am 

Box_of_Rain wrote:
9. Going to live in Spain in February for a couple months to study Famenco.

10. I have a Guru in India and belong to a Guru Family, my guru family name is Durga Giri.

I am not familiar with "famenco" ... Are those them big pink birds with the spindly legs?

Post subject: Re: Second Post!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:14 am 

B Loose wrote:
Alright so I know none of you yet but can already see you will fit in nicely with the ultimate goal of conquering the world with music! Here are the first few that come to mind:

1. I carry a clown nose in my car so instead of giving people the finger, I put the clown nose on and stare them down. "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, her i am...."

2. I have poked molten lava with a stick!

3. 1st place, White Trash Bash 2007, Blue Lake, Ca. (can send picture if requested)

4. I have thrown hand grenades, BOOOOM!

5. I help organize and create an outdoor baby music fest in northern california with InferKnow, check it out, www.inferknow.org (shameless plug!) local Humboldt music & art in the great outdoors of the greatest county with one of the most righteous clans of monkeys on the face of the EARTH! I LOVE MUSIC!

See yall soon!

Oooooooooo ...... I like this guy already ......

The clown nose thing ... Brilliant ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
Box_of_Rain wrote:
9. Going to live in Spain in February for a couple months to study Famenco.

10. I have a Guru in India and belong to a Guru Family, my guru family name is Durga Giri.

I am not familiar with "famenco" ... Are those them big pink birds with the spindly legs?

saw the typo first, hb, figured you could do a better job of responding
{shakes head disapprovingly}

Famenco is a form of latin diet program, comes from the latin word fam, which loosely translates to famine.

Oh and Durga, I'm not saying you need to lose weight, just correcting HB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:18 pm 

flamenco...actually it's such a cool dance...it's really like the body is a drum and you are playing along with the spanish guitar...so beautiful, I'm really excited...

Post subject: Re: Second Post!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:46 pm 

B Loose wrote:
3. 1st place, White Trash Bash 2007, Blue Lake, Ca. (can send picture if requested)

See yall soon!

REQUEST SUBMITTED! and may I use it for the Deck Map????

Smiles!
Az

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:48 pm 

I want to learn to tango ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:57 pm 

1. I'm an Electrical Engineer by trade (14 years)

2. I have worked in the Music Festival and Music Event industry off and on in various roles for about 10 years...including staging, stagehanding, production (lights and sound), site operations and construction, backstage security management, campground security management, general event security, concessions and beverage management, visual art, water and ice distribution...and even Clean Vibes !!!

3. I've worked on Phish's stage crew and sat and played Page's piano

4. I studied Mixed Martial Arts through my late 20's

5. I've flipped a car and snapped a telephone pole in half and lived :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm 

DCizzle wrote:

2. I have worked in the Music Festival and Music Event industry off and on in various roles for about 10 years...including staging, stagehanding, production (lights and sound), site operations and construction, backstage security management, campground security management, general event security, concessions and beverage management, visual art, water and ice distribution...and even Clean Vibes !!!

Too bad the telephone pole can't say the same thing ....

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:10 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
DCizzle wrote:

Too bad the telephone pole can't say the same thing ....

:cry:

Damn..I almost forgot the best part of that accident...I went through the pole and onto a new car lot into 2 brandy spankin' new Buick's !!!! That was a good wreck. I also found out that your typical telephone pole costs roughly $10,000.....just the bare bones telephone pole ..hehe. My insurance company was hating me :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Picture Posting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:47 pm 

MissAslan wrote:
B Loose wrote:

See yall soon!

REQUEST SUBMITTED! and may I use it for the Deck Map????

Smiles!
Az

How does one post a picture on the forum? Had a hard enough time figuring out how to put up my avatar. And yes! would love to be a part of the Deck Map! we is in 12083. Four Folks from Humboldt (B Loose, Shaint, Crezticle, and Vesta)

You Rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:09 pm 

goodness you all ahev lived some crazy experiences....

6. I Love New Jersey

~Thoreau

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:18 pm 

1. Son of a Baptist minister
2. I don't eat anything green
3. I only drink swag beer
4. I'm an avid golfer (real, disc, or online)
5. I think NJ chicks are hot. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:01 pm 

Here is one interesting fact about me:
I was born in Wake Island, a tiny island 2/3 of the way to Guam from Honolulu and am still trying to get my passport! There are no indigenous inhabitants at present time and only about 200 contractors work there. No internet, no t.v., no cell phones services. I just found out that I'm a U.S. National not a U.S. Citizen (after thirty or so years believing I was a citizen) so I am now trying to figure out how a national becomes a citizen so I can get a passport. I have been in contact with U.S. Dept. of state and NOBODY can help me. If you can help me I will be forever in your debt. Anyone have any ideas? Bueller?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:27 pm 

1. I turned down the opportunity to be a Guest on the Johnny Carson show to attend Space Camp when I was 13

2. I drove 40 hours continuously w/out sleeping (lone driver) from Chicago to San Francisco (with a few hour stop in Reno and won $100 on video blackjack) and made it just in time to see the Les Claypool Nite before NYE show and Late Nite Hairy Apes BMX Show

3. Drove about 3 days continuously w/out sleep (lone driver) from San Franciso > Phoenix (visited friends for about 8 hours) > Chicago (pick up new birth certificate I lost in San Fran) > Fort Lauderdale to make it just as GAT was hitting the stage for Pr-Party to JC4. Did not have tix for the 3 of us and talked our way in!! Score.

4. Rolled my truck offloading one day 20 feet into the first trail of the day. Flipped it back over, drained/refilled all fluids, pulled/replaced spark plugs, started right up and it made the 700 mile trip home w/out a hiccup! (Fuck you Yahoo for deleting my only copies of pics of that day! The smile on my face while poking my head out my overturned truck was priceless!)

5. My determination to make it down to Florida for Primus shows in 2004 has made me an alleged Cocaine and Gun runner in the eyes of Illinois State Police & Homeland Security. And has earned me the prestigious spot on the watch-list, and I get the VIP treatment from Homeland Security each time I travel via Air or pass through Customs! God Bless the U.S.A.!!!

Post subject: becoming a US Citizen
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:31 pm 

http://www.visaus.com/citizen.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... nality_law

Seems you have to live in the US for around 5 years (not in a territory, but in the US). Most people I know did this through work visas (companies will help). If you have further questions, use PM or email me at phrazz@gmail.com.

-Phrazz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next