The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: jamcruise @ bonnaroo meeting
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:37 am 

is anyone from jamcruise going to bonnaroo? if so we should meet up and maybe hang for awhile. that way we would at least know a little better more people on the ship. i am going to be carrying around a sign most of the weekend. one side will say MITTENHEADS (it's a michigan heads yahho group that i'm trying to meet up with), and the other side will say JAMCRUISE R U GOING? if you see it come on over and buy me a beer. or just come say hi, i am sure i will have plenty to drink myself. does anyone else have ideas for meeting up at b'roo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:18 am 

We'll be there.... would love to meet other JamCruise people. We'll be hanging out in the vending area at the Happy Life/Merlin's Wheel/Misty Mountain artist tents.

The artists, Mike Dubois, Mikio Kennedy, & Richard biffle, will be painting a HUGE canvas during Bonnaroo to be raffled the last day of the show. We'll have some of our posters in Merlin's Wheel area.

What about an early (early is relative) morning coffee get-together Friday or Sat before the show? I'm sure most of us will be camping.... we could meet outside the gate or something......

just a thought........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:45 am 

damn, i missed out on my chance to do bonaroo. i did get tickets for the NE bonarroo. the south line up certainly blows away the lineup in the NE, but we do have:
bob dyan, tom petty, matthews & reynolds, rusted root, common, cut chemist, x-ecutioners, and a few of the great bands from the south bonnaroo. but again, that shit in TN is going to be AWESOME! have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:51 am 
To toss out another option . . . The playground is a fixed and easy landmark in Centeroo. We could just make a date to meet at the swings. It will be covered with happy kids (of all ages) but if you'll have a sign, darkside . . . .

Friday will be hard (since many of us may still be trying to get into the park-- hope that traffic plan works this year- last year's 12 hour wait was a suck).

Maybe Saturday, noon. With Friday shows going till 4am, I doubt many of us will be rolling out of bed too early:D

Noon meeting would give us an hour to grab breakfast/lunch -n- chit-chat before the first sets start Saturday.

I'd definately like to meet you guys- we keep posting on the same topics and we'll all be on the boat!

So if we don't get a meeting put together- I'll keep an eye out for your sign Darkside, and I'm sure I'll be in the vending area at some point D. Creek.

Have a safe trip to the show :)

Post subject: Great idea!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:28 am 

Yeah that sounds like a great idea!! We'll be getting there thursday morning at 7am with an RV that will be right by centeroo so look for a south korean flag (one of my friends is flying in from south korea for the roo..lol). Free food, beer, AC, for all those who stop by. Other wise i say we set a date to meet at centeroo in the afternoon.

ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:52 am 
Hey Ryan- thanks- very generous offer. just might stop by and visit.

How do you know you'll be by Centeroo at 7am? Do you have an inside scoop, or am I missing something?

Forgive my curiosity. Last year it took us about 1.5 hours to get to TN, then we waited another 12 hours (1am-1pm) at an almost dead stop to get into the venue. And we parked where they put us.

If you have some secret ninja roo knowledge- please please please share. :D We don't want to do the sleepless thursday night thing again- we were wiped out before the festivitees began. And tent life was too hot to sleep. We'll be in a 2 RV caravan, possibly with some car tag-alongs this year.

thx
Amy

Post subject: heres what we did...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:23 pm 

Drove through the night wednesday...got to walmart at 6am, picked up last minute goodies and got in line, it took us 45 min to get into the farm, then we stayed toward the right headed straight toward the trees, that put us right by the tents and centeroo with no one behind us but woods...

if you can make that schedule you will be all set!!!

ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:37 pm 

well let's try meeting at noon on saturday by the swings if people aren't going to be getting in til friday. i will be in manchester wednesday evening, so i will be camping in a good close spot fo sho. unless people want to meet earlier. just look for my sign, and i will look for the korean flag for some of that beer and AC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:49 am 

Noon Saturday sounds great!! I'll keep an eye peeled for that flag & sign, too.

This time next week, I'll be sipping some camp coffee and eating a Luna bar for breakfast in from of our humble tent...... YEAH!!!

Post subject: meet a roo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:34 am 

i'ld love to meet other jam-cruisers
at bonaroo, i'll be working in the
camping area and will check in with
my peeps Mikio & Shady Backflash in
the vending area. looking forward to
hooking up with drowning creek folks
and will look for your sign. i've
got the scoop on some new cruise news announcements...
anyone going to the gathering of the
vibes ? maybe we could do a jamcruise meet & greet on sat. morning in the boardie area :mrgreen: boatdrinks for everyone!!!

mark t.

If you get confused...
just listen to the music play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:59 am 

Hey Mark....

We're sharing Mikio's space in the Happy Life/Merlins Wheel tent, so you won't have to look far for us. Mikio & Shady are friends of ours, too! Cool!!

This is gonna be the bestest shindig ever...... or at least til the next one!

:D

Post subject: Sat at noon sounds like a plan..
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:42 pm 

Here we go, See yall there!!!

ryan

Post subject: TN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:12 pm 
Hey my Wife and I are going on the JamCruise!!!!... Unfortunatly I cannot go to Bonnaroo this year.....Really bummed but my Wife and our oldest son are hitting it up again this year. I shall give her the info and have her meet up with you all. Peace and Love

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:57 pm 
oh well-- so much for the meeting. I was still face down in my pillow at 12:30 on Saturday. What a great weekend! MMW, Galactic, James Brown, the Dead- and I was even diggin on a little Spearhead & Keller Williams.

All good stuff. Just makes me look forward to the cruise even more. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:16 pm 

yeah, i spaced the meeting. plus i got real tired of carrying the sign around. every person was "Do you have information on it?" or "Are you trying to sell your ticket?" after a day of that, i was no longer carrying it around. i did get to meet one person briefly, DrowningCreek. glad to of met her, didn't really talk at all, but we will have the cruise to get aquainted. geez, only 1000 people to get to know over 4 days and nights. we will all get a bunch of new friends that week!!!