The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:57 pm 

First initial of first name (Michele) + nickname (Augie) + number (cuz I needed a number the first time I used this handle in around...2000, I think). I chose 10 because it was my number in HS volleyball (seriously--what a dork am I) and because it was Ron Santo's number (big Cubs fan) and because I could remember it.

Great thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:00 pm 

used to be my job (just a hobby now) when I started using E-mail, and I have been using it ever since.
In RL most people call me JHog (letters from 1st and last names), or just Hoggy for short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:21 pm 

My sister is the leader of our room and had to make a username for me and FAGINA is all she could think of. By the way, my name is Gina :) Or I guess I could go by, Alotta Fagina!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:23 pm 

maugie10 wrote:
First initial of first name (Michele) + nickname (Augie) + number (cuz I needed a number the first time I used this handle in around...2000, I think). I chose 10 because it was my number in HS volleyball (seriously--what a dork am I) and because it was Ron Santo's number (big Cubs fan) and because I could remember it.

Great thread!

Ron Santo?!?! You are showing your age Michele! Man, remember those days of bleacher bumming (although I was about 8-9 in the days of Santo/Ernie, the gang).
I still hate the Mets cause of 1969.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:25 pm 

yay for this thread! aslan and i were talking about this the other day, and i searched yesterday... although, i must admit, i'm not much of a past-page-one lurker....

my name is not melody. it's sarah. naive melody (this must be the place) is my favorite talking heads song.
i tend to use this a lot, as it reminds me of pure love, and its a lot easier to grab than anything to do with my name. first name sarah. last name wells. 'nuff said. the only other handle i use, on prob the one other message board i'm on is swells. was my login for my college (first initial, last name) and my best guy friend thought it was hilarious and started calling me swells/swellsy. i think its pretty swell :)

oh, and whatever crawfish bread is sounds heavenly.

and what IS your unusual first name Suhr? just curious...

is it sunday yet!??!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:34 pm 

HarryZ wrote:
maugie10 wrote:

Great thread!

Ron Santo?!?! You are showing your age Michele! Man, remember those days of bleacher bumming (although I was about 8-9 in the days of Santo/Ernie, the gang).
I still hate the Mets cause of 1969.

Yeah-Not really that old, but I LOVE ROn Santo. I think he is hilarious when he calls the games. I really started watching the Cubs when I was 14 ('84). My hubby (ChiTown_Huck) and I had our wedding photos taken in Wrigley Field though. So fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:39 pm 

Well Gradle is my favorite Widespread Panic song; and i'm from Lubbock, Texas and now live in Boulder, CO both places have some heavy winds. Actually last night in Boulder there were 80 mile an hour gusts. Plus I'm usually all over the place, there for companion2thewind!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm 

A Image sounds like Abby

clever isn't it! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:31 pm 

sugaree wrote:
kpu1162 wrote:
sugaree wrote:
i'll play.

comment from an old hippie at a phish concert when i was 13 or so. (i was dancing and he said something like 'yeah, lil one! shake it! shake it, sugaree')

nickname stuck. and spread. and carried over from phish/dead tour to my 'real life' (my cousin had taken me to said phish concert, so she even called me sug for a while)

ten years later its still my nickname.

I'm totaly shocked, Sugarree is a greatful dead song? who are they? I thought you just liked sweets or something.

I apoligize in advance for the sarcasm, I am in at work today, 200 desks, 20 suckers actually here.

funny, the story shared my first phish concert and a funny story. not me assuming all the music fans on here were dumb enough to not know the GD song... i could have said something lame like 'its a song by the grateful dead that i really like' (i can give 'tude too :wink: )

wait, so do you have to pick up the slack for the people who didnt come in to work? if so 'get sick' and get the hell out of there!

I figured that would get you riled up a bit!! Had to do it, mostly a NYC/Dirty Jerz turf war.

Yup, I am covering for the slackers who will be covering for me next week!!

Btw, my username is just the typical frat guy handle, Kappa Psi Upsilon, brother number 1,162. It works on-line since it's never taken and most of my friends have the same names (kpu1185, kpu1151, etc...) so we are easy to find each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:39 pm 

Gwiggin-My nickname for at least a decade

Last name: McGuigan

Mc-Gwiggin is how it is pronounced. People have murdered my name for centuries........LOL

HUGE Dead and Cheese fan................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 pm 

naive melody wrote:
yay for this thread! aslan and i were talking about this the other day, and i searched yesterday... although, i must admit, i'm not much of a past-page-one lurker....

I bumped it for you Sarah.. I'm almost as good as the search function LOL

Post subject: dreemer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:37 pm 

Ok, I'll play....

I was taking a class on dreams and was experimenting with some lucid dreaming techniques when I got on the internets a long time ago... 1st real ISP was AOL and someone had already taken dreamer, so I just used 2 e's... now my email address has 3 e's because some sneaky bastard already got it on comcast.

nearly back and super stoked!
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 pm 

So, most of my life I went by Rob. Some of my family and ex girlfriends call me Robert. In the early 2000s I was hanging out at shows a lot with a couple friends named Rob. There we were, three Robs. Someone would say Rob and all 3 of us would turn, then they will point and say that Rob. We went to one last minute show and were the only 3 guys watching the band. Three guys named Rob standing in the middle of the room.

That lead to me wanting to change my name. I hate Robby and Bobby and only Krys and Matts little girl gets away with calling me that, so don't even try me. I had a friend that called me Bert back in the day, but that didn't stick.

My favorite blues artist is Robert Cray. In his songs he always refers to himself as Bob. When he was steppin' out or not paying taxes, he was Bob. If you met him, you would call him Robert. I became Bob.

A little old man that works at Publix near my house has a name tag that reads Just Bob. He has worked there for 15+ years and is in his 70s. People would call him Mr. ____ (I don't know his last name), so he had that tag made. He just wanted to be called Bob. Me too.

Boom, JustBob became my new name on the internet.

col4bin, got to see Bob at Publix when he was here for Lotus before Bear Creek. He looks down on me for taking the old mans name :D

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:32 pm 

JustBob wrote:
So, most of my life I went by Rob. Some of my family and ex girlfriends call me Robert. In the early 2000s I was hanging out at shows a lot with a couple friends named Rob. There we were, three Robs. Someone would say Rob and all 3 of us would turn, then they will point and say that Rob. We went to one last minute show and were the only 3 guys watching the band. Three guys named Rob standing in the middle of the room.

That lead to me wanting to change my name. I hate Robby and Bobby and only Krys and Matts little girl gets away with calling me that, so don't even try me. I had a friend that called me Bert back in the day, but that didn't stick.

My favorite blues artist is Robert Cray. In his songs he always refers to himself as Bob. When he was steppin' out or not paying taxes, he was Bob. If you met him, you would call him Robert. I became Bob.

A little old man that works at Publix near my house has a name tag that reads Just Bob. He has worked there for 15+ years and is in his 70s. People would call him Mr. ____ (I don't know his last name), so he had that tag made. He just wanted to be called Bob. Me too.

Boom, JustBob became my new name on the internet.

col4bin, got to see Bob at Publix when he was here for Lotus before Bear Creek. He looks down on me for taking the old mans name :D

Bob

Best Forum Name Story Ever!!! Chill colbin4... just sayin...
And Cray is it! Bobby to the ladies sometimes.
just sayin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:33 pm 

fagina wrote:
My sister is the leader of our room and had to make a username for me and FAGINA is all she could think of. By the way, my name is Gina :) Or I guess I could go by, Alotta Fagina!

Once again, best name ever!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next