The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Key West
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:28 am 

O.K, so everybody is pretty excited about hitting up the Bahamas (actually, nobody really cares where we port, only that we hear these amazing bands on the cruise), but what about Key West?

I've never been there. Anything worthwhile my landing party (my girl, the Junk and his girl) and I should check out while we're there? Or should we just stick to the beach?

Post subject: Key West
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:41 am 

There really aren't that many beaches in Key West. Key West is more of a bar party scene, not a beach scene. Most likely the Cruise ship will dock at Mallory Square, which is at the end of the island, where all the locals and tourists alike gather at sunset everyday to await the green flash. Duval St. is the happening place for bars. It's a bit touristy, but there are some off the beaten path places. Me, I'll be at Crabby Bills, or the Conch Republic...these are both off of Duval. Two for ones all day. Also, look for some Cuban rolling cigars in some of the bars. They are real good...good deals. If you happen to have some extra cash, check out Randall J's. Local scooter shop, everyone cruises on scooters. Enjoy it, I know I will. Out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:07 pm 

cool. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:22 pm 

Yo, BPM...wanna go hunting for PARROTheads? I hear there's a native population of them on Key West that needs to be thinned out....we'll probably need out-of-state hunting licenses IF they are in season :wink:

BOAT DRINKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:28 pm 
yeah...there ain't much to be said about the beaches in key west....higgs and smathers beach aren't bad just to kick back and chill (they imported sand from the bahamas to create smathers...crazy....) I do, however highly recommend snorkling while we're docked...i know i am, no doubt. so many options to choose, lotsa tours...i think the last one i was on was the fury...?...it was a big catamaran, jetting out into the middle of nothing...you just dive in that warm, clear, blue water and hang with all those fish within the 2nd largest reef in the world!!!...you won't regret it. i do like duval though...crazy scene (everyone will fit in nicely)...lots to check out and good food/drink everywhere you turn. damn...it's gonna be a long wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:47 pm 

i been to key west 7 times....there is a beach on the east facing side of the island....its more like a lagoon type beach but very cool to chill at. We usually party at hogsbreath off of duval...duval street is where we will all be heading...its like a minature burbon street but clean.