The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 55  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:52 pm 

cruisinbruno wrote:
definitely have my vote to include Umphreys back again for Jam Cruise 8. How about Dark Star Orchestra back again too? Be nice to have that Grateful Dead experience mixed back in with all the other jam and funk bands! :wink:

Oh HELL YES!!!!

GDSOOTS :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:56 pm 

treetopp wrote:
Wow Jim you remember me. Its rare as Im sure people cant even make out what im sayin when I say hello. I mean its jamcruise & I am wasted if Im not asleep.

Serk I agree the keller shows were great & 1 year maybe 2 or 3, keller was on with um. I skipped tea leaf green shows & p groove shows thats how good it can be :wink:

Funny but for the last 2 years, we've "hung out" early in the evening a bit. Totally coherent. I kept running into you later in the evening and you were like a different person!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:55 pm 

Ah the different levels of my wastedness...good at least I hold it together early on. I put away about 5 to 6 liters of whiskey this year & you know I even remember most of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm 

kidadam wrote:
"one thing ill bitch about is i sat next to the drummer from umphreys in chilis at the airport. my girl and i overheard him tell some chick who said she wanted to go to jazz fest, that jazz fest wasnt that great, it was full of meatheads and he didnt understand what the big deal was. Then he said robert walters was full of himself and that he probley wouldnt do jam cruise again because its a soul/funk thing and also said that robert told him he needed to play more in the pocket. This kind of pissed me off this morning and i really wanted to say something to him but whatever i didnt. to each his own."

I think anyone's impression of Jazz Fest would be pretty "off" if the House of Blues/Republic were the venues for several consecutive years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:07 pm 

kittynurse wrote:
cruisinbruno wrote:
definitely have my vote to include Umphreys back again for Jam Cruise 8. How about Dark Star Orchestra back again too? Be nice to have that Grateful Dead experience mixed back in with all the other jam and funk bands! :wink:

Oh HELL YES!!!!

but wouldn't you rather see Phil and friends? Why recreate what's still being played? As far as a special set atrist, I'd love to see Levon Helms. Drove up to Columbus to see him and Phil but his set was rained out, but as usual Phil threw down and it was still and amazing night. I've seen Umph a couple times(JITD, other various festies), never saw what the big deal was, they were pretty good, but felt the shows I saw were incomplete in someway. Just my opinion. However, if we are gonna get a cover band, what about strange design? In the same vein as Dark Star, but they recreate Phish shows. Saw them in ohio, and they were spot on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:22 pm 

jsmith2287 wrote:
kittynurse wrote:
cruisinbruno wrote:

Oh HELL YES!!!!

but wouldn't you rather see Phil and friends? Why recreate what's still being played? As far as a special set atrist, I'd love to see Levon Helms. Drove up to Columbus to see him and Phil but his set was rained out, but as usual Phil threw down and it was still and amazing night. I've seen Umph a couple times(JITD, other various festies), never saw what the big deal was, they were pretty good, but felt the shows I saw were incomplete in someway. Just my opinion. However, if we are gonna get a cover band, what about strange design? In the same vein as Dark Star, but they recreate Phish shows. Saw them in ohio, and they were spot on.
strange design????c'mon now jsmith. we can dream bigger than that.

also it seemed that dso did not have a good time on jamcruise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 pm 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:

I always enjoy the one-off cover sets we get on JC like Brain Damaged Eggmen and Oh You Pretty Thing!, but I've got zero interest in having any full-time cover acts on the ship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:08 pm 

phamilyguy wrote:

I always enjoy the one-off cover sets we get on JC like Brain Damaged Eggmen and Oh You Pretty Thing!, but I've got zero interest in having any full-time cover acts on the ship.

...... Even if it was the all midget KISS cover band?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:44 pm 

HELLBU0Y wrote:
...... Even if it was the all midget KISS cover band?

Technically, those guys aren't full-time either...mini Peter Criss works at the Subway in Hoboken and I think the other guys have day jobs as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm 

treetopp wrote:
Ah the different levels of my wastedness...good at least I hold it together early on. I put away about 5 to 6 liters of whiskey this year & you know I even remember most of it.

My favorite treetop moment came in the theatre before Les, when you had 3 different drinks in your hands and tried to offer me one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 am 

jsmith2287 wrote:
kittynurse wrote:
cruisinbruno wrote:

Oh HELL YES!!!!

yeah I know, I just wonder how much it would cost to get Phish on the boat, and I figured a good recreation might be more reasonable. I guess the real question is then why waste time with DSO, lets try and land the Dead!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm 

jsmith2287 wrote:
jsmith2287 wrote:
kittynurse wrote:
cruisinbruno wrote:

Oh HELL YES!!!!

yeah I know, I just wonder how much it would cost to get Phish on the boat, and I figured a good recreation might be more reasonable. I guess the real question is then why waste time with DSO, lets try and land the Dead!
see there you go ,dream large.phish and the dead.fuck it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:06 pm 

Wow... I respect the effort here obviously, but yall are dreaming.

If Les and MMW were basically the headliners this year, we're never going to get Phish or the Dead on board. Instead of trying to spend more money to get big names, I think it's a much better idea to find smaller quality acts. They are almost always happier to be there and more motivated to bring their A-game.

I wouldn't mind seeing UM on the boat, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. They have Jamaica, and from their point of view, it's probably a much better deal. Sadly, I don't think the Biscuits will ever be back either, which is why I try to focus my lobbying skills elsewhere.

G-LOTS!!!

PS - I agree with Faust on the 80s stuff. It's time to move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:36 pm 

col4bin wrote:
Wow... I respect the effort here obviously, but yall are dreaming.

If Les and MMW were basically the headliners this year, we're never going to get Phish or the Dead on board. Instead of trying to spend more money to get big names, I think it's a much better idea to find smaller quality acts. They are almost always happier to be there and more motivated to bring their A-game.

I wouldn't mind seeing UM on the boat, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. They have Jamaica, and from their point of view, it's probably a much better deal. Sadly, I don't think the Biscuits will ever be back either, which is why I try to focus my lobbying skills elsewhere.

G-LOTS!!!

PS - I agree with Faust on the 80s stuff. It's time to move on.

I'm with these guys. Phish and the Dead could sell out a cruise all on their own. They are too big for our boat. Smaller, bad ass bands, and more of them.

I love Umph, but unless they stop doing CH they will not be back on the boat. Yacht Rock was a waste of money.

The 80s had to be the worst time in music that I can remember. Why we keep reliving it, I don't know?

I'm all about G-LOTS. They are in the right price range, don't have a fest in Jamaica just before the cruise, and will bring it for every second they get to play.

Bob<---a big time Umph fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 pm 

Vet of JC3, 4 & 5 here.

Would be 100% back on the boat if either UM, Disco Biscuits or U-Melt was brought on board. Did CH the past two years but I'm taking this year off as I'm gonna wait to see if they move the spot for 2010...

The drummer from Umphrey's is Kris, not Chris.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 55  Next