The Jam Cruise Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 55  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 am 

JustBob wrote:
col4bin wrote:
Wow... I respect the effort here obviously, but yall are dreaming.

If Les and MMW were basically the headliners this year, we're never going to get Phish or the Dead on board. Instead of trying to spend more money to get big names, I think it's a much better idea to find smaller quality acts. They are almost always happier to be there and more motivated to bring their A-game.

I wouldn't mind seeing UM on the boat, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. They have Jamaica, and from their point of view, it's probably a much better deal. Sadly, I don't think the Biscuits will ever be back either, which is why I try to focus my lobbying skills elsewhere.

G-LOTS!!!

PS - I agree with Faust on the 80s stuff. It's time to move on.

I'm with these guys. Phish and the Dead could sell out a cruise all on their own. They are too big for our boat. Smaller, bad ass bands, and more of them.

I love Umph, but unless they stop doing CH they will not be back on the boat. Yacht Rock was a waste of money.

The 80s had to be the worst time in music that I can remember. Why we keep reliving it, I don't know?

I'm all about G-LOTS. They are in the right price range, don't have a fest in Jamaica just before the cruise, and will bring it for every second they get to play.

Bob<---a big time Umph fan

that's why i was originally petitoning for Strange Design, a far less expensive alternative to Phish, but still fantastic music. Obviously unless we all want to be paying $10,000 a head or some other astronomical price(Hampton 3 days are still at least $800!) we couldn't get both the Dead and Phish and probably not even one or the other. However, that said I'm totally in support of getting Lotus on. Their late nights would be amazing! Does anyone know how much they charge per show and can we get an online petiton/poll thread started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 am 

bump :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 am 

JustBob wrote:
col4bin wrote:
Wow... I respect the effort here obviously, but yall are dreaming.

If Les and MMW were basically the headliners this year, we're never going to get Phish or the Dead on board. Instead of trying to spend more money to get big names, I think it's a much better idea to find smaller quality acts. They are almost always happier to be there and more motivated to bring their A-game.

I wouldn't mind seeing UM on the boat, but I wouldn't bet on it happening. They have Jamaica, and from their point of view, it's probably a much better deal. Sadly, I don't think the Biscuits will ever be back either, which is why I try to focus my lobbying skills elsewhere.

G-LOTS!!!

PS - I agree with Faust on the 80s stuff. It's time to move on.

I'm with these guys. Phish and the Dead could sell out a cruise all on their own. They are too big for our boat. Smaller, bad ass bands, and more of them.

I love Umph, but unless they stop doing CH they will not be back on the boat. Yacht Rock was a waste of money.

The 80s had to be the worst time in music that I can remember. Why we keep reliving it, I don't know?

I'm all about G-LOTS. They are in the right price range, don't have a fest in Jamaica just before the cruise, and will bring it for every second they get to play.

Bob<---a big time Umph fan

What Bob said, and I'm just sayin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 pm 

I can't be bothered with all of these details. I have one objective in moving forward:

GUMOTS!!!

Btw, my crazyass ex went to the Mantis release show last night in Chicago, and his 987 texts and calls said that it kicked ass. Has anyone listened yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:44 pm 

bump :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm 

sarahsmiles went to their new years run and said she is more in love with umph than ever.download their nye 2008 show ,it is krush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 am 

kittynurse wrote:
I can't be bothered with all of these details. I have one objective in moving forward:
GUMOTS!!!
Btw, my crazyass ex went to the Mantis release show last night in Chicago, and his 987 texts and calls said that it kicked ass. Has anyone listened yet?

been listening to immersing in consumed by the mantis. and it is --->good. can't get enuff of this band.

GUMOTS!!

as long as we area talkin phish cover bands lemme recommend PHIX. close your eyes and listen to them and you'd swear it was -->them<--. zzyzx even was fooled by phix playing divided sky...he actually thought it WAS phish! they are that good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 am 

Hey, that was over a cell phone connection. If I were to lobby for a band to get onboard for next year, it would probably be either Cornmeal or Blue Turtle Seduction.

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 am 

zzyzx wrote:
If I were to lobby for a band to get onboard for next year, it would probably be either Cornmeal or Blue Turtle Seduction.

seconded (for both, but mainly for Cornmeal)

Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:26 am 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
zzyzx wrote:
If I were to lobby for a band to get onboard for next year, it would probably be either Cornmeal or Blue Turtle Seduction.

rumored to be playing high sierra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:46 am 

longhairedfreak007 wrote:
Reggaeboyz wrote:
zzyzx wrote:

rumored to be playing high sierra.

Well THERE'S a shocker ;)

Ain't hesitating,
Ain't deliberating,
I got to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:49 am 

katmama wrote:

GUMOTS!!

as long as we area talkin phish cover bands lemme recommend PHIX. close your eyes and listen to them and you'd swear it was -->them<--. zzyzx even was fooled by phix playing divided sky...he actually thought it WAS phish! they are that good.

I am in COMPLETE agreement, Katmama. I LOVE Phix, and I'm SO grateful to them for filling a monumental void in my life for so long. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm 

Not sure exactly why, but the cover band on jamcruise idea, just doesn't appeal to me. I'm intrigued by some of the other suggestions though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm 

I think it comes mainly from the Braindamaged Eggmen success of JC IV, and the Sounds of SF the year after. I thought the Bowie tribute last year was well done as well, but the yacht rock did not appeal to me. I heard two or three songs and then left. I am sure I missed some great musical moments and some good fun, but that is not enough for me on JC, where there is musical BRILLIANCE happening around the clock.

Bob Marley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:29 pm 

Reggaeboyz wrote:
zzyzx wrote:

I'll 3rd that Cornmeal. I still have not see them live, but eat it up every time I hear a show from them.

Bob

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 55  Next